Diamond Stealth support?

Brandon Blackwell ubuntunews at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 01:03:27 UTC 2007

Huub wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed an old Pentium III pc with vs. 5.10
for a friend.
> Unfortunately, this pc has an old Diamond Stealth
Video 2500 pci-card
> (add-on, not onboard). The auto-selected
video-resolution is either
> 800x600 or 640x480. I adjusted /etc/X11/xorg.conf so
the desired
> 1024x768 would be selected, but I also noticed that
the driver has been
> set to "Generic VGA Card". After replacing this with
"Diamond Stealth
> Video 2500", X crashed. On the internet I found old
postings that it
> should work, but apparently it doesn't anymore.
> Apart from find an old supported pci videocard (very
hard to find these
> days), is there an easy solution like a setting?
Obviously, I don't want
> him to go to WinXP.
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Huub

I have the same card on an older computer but I can't
get it to work
with any newer linux distro(post 2004) up to what I
want it to. The best
thing it ever worked under was win98.

Brandon