Large number of users, but want to keep secret

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 07:52:03 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 12:04 AM, Soo-Hyun Choi <s.choi at hackers.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have fairly large number of students (> 50) in a class. I would like to
> give them an account on a machine (Ubuntu 7.10, AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 1.5 GB
> Memory). But, I want that the students cannot read each other's files in
> order to prevent from copying someone else's programming assignment by
> reading it.
How are these students connecting to the machine?  Will this be a
server and they connect from other machines? I think the default
permissions would prevent normal users from seeing each others home
directories.  As a test, create to test users and place data in them.

Log in to either and see if you can view or modify the information in
the other's folders.

--
Patience yields far greater results than brute force or rage ever
could so relax......it's just life !!!