Trouble with Suspend/Hibernate on notebook

Florian Junghanns florian.junghanns at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:20:51 UTC 2007

Hello (hope I'm using this mailing list the right way...)

I've got problems with my Notebook and the Suspend/Hibernate mode.
First my Hardware:
Toshiba Satellite A100-153
(Íntel Centrino Duo 1.66 GHz)
(1024 MB RAM)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 (Seems that is the thing which is making
trouble...)

The symptoms are:
I tell my notebook: Go to Suspend mode. It does immediately. But waking up
seems pretty difficult - it shows nothing, but is working. Screen is black,
without light.
Hibernate mode: Screen turns black, but with background light. Freeze.

In both cases I have to turn it off (per pressing power button a longer
time) and then turn it on again.

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy (installed from LiveCD, nothing done on it
except installing XChat).

Greetings,
Sammy