help with Gnome video settings

Leland lhelgerson at surplushunter.net
Sun Dec 30 00:59:51 UTC 2007

Hi -
Newbie question - just starting to tinker with Ubuntu.

I'm having trouble getting Gnome screen/graphics settings to "stay". I bring
up the Screen and Graphics Preference panel, make my changes, created and
saved a "location", and hit ok. After that I get a "logoff all users to take
effect" window, so I log off. I log back in and the system comes up the same
as before, in a low graphics mode, with the default settings. If I select my
"location" in the Preference panel they're there, but of course the system
isn't using those settings. If I select them and hit ok, the same chain of
events repeats, with no changes, and no changes to the graphics.

Anyone got any ideas that may help me out?

Thanks for your time,

Leland

Leland,  <mailto:lhelgerson at surplushunter.net> lhelgerson at surplushunter.net
Remember, if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'!!
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up
A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof
was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools
Remember: An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.