Kubuntu and USB to DSL Modem

Willis gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 29 23:31:55 UTC 2007

Nils Kassube wrote:
> Willis wrote:
>
>> I typed the command and recieved a seventeen page readout that I cannot
>> move from the other computer to this one because it is not connecting
>> to the network.
>>

> OK, then it's really a bit difficult.
>

>> The modem is an ADSL 1000 series from 2Wire, if that
>> helps.
>>

> Sorry, no. But another question: When you are working with Windows, can
> you connect those 2 computers to the modem simultaneously? If that is
> possible, the USB connection should be a network interface. The USB ID
> alone might help to find some info about the interface. You can see the
> USB ID from the command lsusb (without -v), it looks like "1234:4578".
>

> Nils

All three computers will connect to the internet or the intranet at the
same time if I'm running the Windows on the #1 unit.  While running
Kubuntu on that unit both of the others are on line at this very
moment.  The 2Wire modem is a ppoe device.

The output for lsusb reads;

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04a9:10b6 canon, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:00db Microsoft Corp.
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 047d:1022 Kensington
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 06a3:0471 Saitek PLC
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1630:0042
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03eb:3301 Atmel Corp. at43301 4-port Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05da:30d9 Microtek International, Inc.
bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I have not expressed my appreciation yet but thank you very much.