Kubuntu and USB to DSL Modem

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Dec 29 22:43:11 UTC 2007

Willis wrote:
> I typed the command and recieved a seventeen page readout that I cannot
> move from the other computer to this one because it is not connecting
> to the network.

OK, then it's really a bit difficult.

> The modem is an ADSL 1000 series from 2Wire, if that
> helps.

Sorry, no. But another question: When you are working with Windows, can
you connect those 2 computers to the modem simultaneously? If that is
possible, the USB connection should be a network interface. The USB ID
alone might help to find some info about the interface. You can see the
USB ID from the command lsusb (without -v), it looks like "1234:4578".

Nils