Driver Installion problem for NetGear wireless card

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 29 22:18:43 UTC 2007

On 12/27/2007 09:12 PM, Larry Shields wrote:
> Ok fellows - - I am still having problems in getting my NetGear Wireless
> card working, so I am in need of some wireless guru to help me out...
>
> The Driver that is installed shows in the attached script, which is
> invalid...
>
> Now how does one remove that driver to try another one...???
>
> Using ndiswrapper -r to remove the driver doesn't work, so where is this
> driver located, maybe I can manually delete it...???
>
> Any help on getting my wireless card working would be very much
> appreciated...
>
> Thanks Larry

Install ndisgtk:

sudo apt-get install ndisgtk

You can add/remove drivers easily in ndiswrapper with that (it will show
up in Applications|Internet if I recall correctly).

Interestingly enough, I was trying to get an old Linksys WUSB11 2.8
working on my son's laptop last week (works on his desktop) and never
did get it to work. Tried just about everything. Finally my other son
gave me his Dynex PCMCIA card to try; plugged it in, Gutsy informed me
that I needed a restricted driver (Broadcom chipset), provided a link to
download it, I clicked yes, and it loaded the driver. Rebooted and
turned it on in the restricted drivers manager
(System|Administration|Restricted Drivers) and the darn thing came up
with all lights and started working! Blew my mind as I previously had to
do handstands to get a Belkin PCMCIA card to work in the same laptop
(Thinkpad T21).