Linux kernel 2.4 on Ubuntu 7.10 howto?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Dec 27 15:22:26 UTC 2007

Stevica Kurcubic wrote:

> On 12/26/07, Gerald Dachs <ubuntu at dachsweb.de> wrote:
>> Am Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:56:09 +0100
>> schrieb "Stevica Kurcubic" <kurcubic at linux.link.ba>:
>>
>> > I have this old computer and i'm using Ubuntu 7.10 server on it. I
>> > would like to add some old PCI card there and it can only work with
>> > 2.4 kernel.
>>
>> Hard to believe, which it is?
>
> It is really not important. I just need kernel 2.4 installed.

Bzzzzzt!  Wrong answer.  It's not your place to tell us what we need to know
to fix your problem.  Installing a 2.4 kernel _may_ be the right answer,
but since there is rarely only one way to fix a problem in Linux, why
should we be constrained to doing something the hard way, if we can do it
more easily?
--
derek