Ubuntu dual boot issue

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:42:55 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 13:04:01 Brian Johnson wrote:
> Hi, My name is Brian and I've switched to Ubuntu 7.10 from Windows XP Media
> Edition. I am not very good at this and am trying to setup dual boot. I
> have loaded this but not sure I have done this correctly. I look and I have
> MUCH more memory than I had, had with Windows. It appears it might have
> also deleted everything on Windows. If there is some way I can role-back or
> access it again I need to know... There was very many photo's on it and
> alot of other things. I really need help. Please e-mail back as soon as
> possible to, brianbjjohnson at yahoo.com
>
> Thanks.

Hi Brian

You don't tell us how you went about the install so we don't know it you wiped
your windows partion or not as of yet. If during the install phase you told
it to use the entire drive then you have. If you told it to resize your
windows partition or to use some available free space then windows should be
intact.

I gather that during the boot process you're not getting a menu to choose
between windows and ubuntu? We're gonna need some details in order to help
you

James