4G Memory Only Recognised 3.4G

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:05:44 UTC 2007

Yes, there is now a w64codecs package now, however, I had no trouble using
w32codecs in my amd64 installs before it was available.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Mario Vukelic wrote:

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 07:57 -0500, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> I have been running 64 bit for 2 years with Zero problems.
>
> For flash, you can either use nspluginwrapper to get the 32bit plugin
> working in a 64 bit browser,

This already can be a problem, depending on the proficiency of the user
and his willingness to fiddle with things. For many users "problem" is
defined by "does not work out of the box". Better to make people aware
of the consequences of their decisions.

> I do not know what you mean about codecs. There is litterally nothing I
> can't play. Get the Medibuntu repo added and install w64codecs if you want
> to have ultimate compatability for multimedia files.

Ah ok, I was not aware that there is now a w64codecs package, it did not
exist for quite a while. Thanks for clearing that up.