4G Memory Only Recognised 3.4G

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 12:57:16 UTC 2007

I have been running 64 bit for 2 years with Zero problems.

For flash, you can either use nspluginwrapper to get the 32bit plugin
working in a 64 bit browser, or you can simply install the 32bit version
of firefox. I personally use the nspluginwrapper solution.

I do not know what you mean about codecs. There is litterally nothing I
can't play. Get the Medibuntu repo added and install w64codecs if you want
to have ultimate compatability for multimedia files.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Mario Vukelic wrote:

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 23:31 -0500, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> The only reliable way would be to download the x86_64 version and
> re-install you system.

Soo-Hyun, be aware that running the 64 bit version will give you
problems with proprietary binary software. For example, there is no 64
bit Flash, and you may have problems with multimedia codecs. Most of
these things can be overcome (e.g., one can use the 32 bit Flash with a
bit of fiddling), but still.