new HP Laptop: frequency scaling not supported on C2D T7500 -> High CPU Temps

ice` icestorm at ngi.it
Fri Dec 14 10:52:33 UTC 2007

David Vincent ha scritto:
> have you checked your bios settings?

unfortunately on bios I have no settings to enable SpeedStep...
> oh.  it exits with an error.  what error would that be?  that sounds
> like helpful information.  the sort of thing someone troubleshooting the
> problem might like to know.
>
> thanks!

brex at ubuntu-box:~$ sudo powernowd
powernowd: PowerNow Daemon v0.97, (c) 2003-2006 John Clemens
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/affected_cpus: No such file or
directory
powernowd: err=2
powernowd: Found 2 scalable units:  -- 1 'CPU' per scalable unit
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq: No such file or
directory

PowerNowd encountered and error and could not start.

--
DrBrex
Was Debianizzato! -.- Now Ubuntizzato! ;) -.-