can't go ubuntu!

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 01:30:39 UTC 2007

James Black wrote:
> Am i correct in assuming that if grub is restored, u can select again
> and not lose ur Ubuntu install? or would windows wipe the ubuntu
> completely?

If the disk was partitioned and you successfully installed windopes to
a partition, after having installed Ubuntu on a different partition,
then Ubuntu should still be on there.
On the other hand, if you just installed Ubuntu, and then installed windopes, without having partitioned or specified partitions, I suppose
it is possible that windopes would just callously and brutally take over the whole hdd, with no consideration whatever for Ubuntu's presence,
unlike Ubuntu,or any Linux distro, for that matter,
who are alway sensitive to the presence of other OSes,
and inclined to play nicely with them.

/tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com