firefox showing wrong version

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:01:53 UTC 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 7:11 AM, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:

> Well, I downloaded a fresh copy from Mozilla.com (did this before, too,
> but I had the same problem).  Did it again now, ran it from the extracted
> directory, and it shows the proper version.

I find that is the safest option over all.  I don't know of any distros,
even Ubuntu, that tell you all the patches they make to Firefox or
Thunderbird.  So it can be hard to figure out things like that - could be a
mistake, could be a conscious decision for some maintenance reason.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own