Aw....Shoot

Willis gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 04:45:14 UTC 2007

Tom Bamford wrote:
> Willis wrote:
>
>> If I download e-Sword for Ubuntu in root, it uses wine to process the
>> package but it does not appear in my Applications as user.  If I down
>> load it as user it uses Gdebi to process the package and nothing happens
>> at all.  I checked the options dropdown but wine is not there.  Please
>> help, it's the forth day now and I give.
>>

> Do you have a deb package for e-Sword? I have installed it manually with
> success - I can help with doing that.
>
> If you have it installed but without a menu entry, you'll have to find
> out where it's installed to and create an entry manually. One way I know
> of finding this out is to load Synaptic and view the properties for a
> package. There is a tab in the properties window that shows all files
> installed by a package.
>
> Regards,
> Tom

Tom,
  I've been working with the unofficial e-Sword for Ubuntu 1.6 and it
installs perfectly as long as wine is used instead of Gdebi but although
I reinstalled wine from my user account I am still not given the option
to use it.  In my root account it installs with wine and it then has a
package installer for every option offered by Rick Myers for his e-Sword
but when I install it in root I get nothing of it in my user account.