New updated firefox 2.0.11 keeps crashing in Intel PIV-3.0Gh hyperthreads-1G memory desktop

yueyu lin popeyelin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 21:38:51 UTC 2007

I think I found the problem. It should only affect Chinese users.
If you installed the package "xfonts-wqy" that is a Chinese font, you will
definitely meet the problem. I don't know if it's a bug related to the
firefox or the font.
After removing the package, everything goes well.
I can even download the font deb file from "xfonts-wqy" website to get the
latest one to install, it works well. So I think it should be related to the
font package in Ubuntu repository. To be honest, its version is too old.

On Dec 6, 2007 1:06 PM, yueyu lin <popeyelin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've already change both the gtk theme and firefox theme back to the
> default. The problem still exists.
> So I dont' think it's related.
>

> On Dec 5, 2007 10:42 PM, Peter Garrett < peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 13:38:57 -0800
> > "yueyu lin" <popeyelin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [snips]
> > pixmap:
> > /Frame-Gap/frame1.png,
> >
> > What happens if you try again with a different theme?
> > For example, the standard Ubuntu theme, rather than this "Mac4Lin"
> > theme?
> >
> > Just eliminating this as a possibility. Perhaps reset the Firefox theme
> > the "default" theme as well, just to see if this is related to the
> > problem.
> >
> > Peter
> > --
> > "INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net