Printing on Brother MFC 420CN

Paul & Brenda paulbrenda8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 19:45:07 UTC 2007

Totally new to Linux and using 7.10 on an AMD 64 machine.
I have a windows Vista PC connected to a Netgear  Wireless Router
and this Ubuntu PC connected via a LAN cable into the router port 4.
The printer setup says the printer is there, and when I try to print a
test message the printer LAN says it is receiving data, then nothing
happens.  The Ubuntu network tool pings the printer address at
192.168.10.4 perfectly with no errors and the Windows PC prints
perfectly (the full printer address according to windows is
191.168.10.4.9100.

The driver downloaded as recommended for this printer from Brother is
/Brother DCP-1200 Foomatic/hl1250 (recommended).

/Can anyone help please and please remember I am not familiar with Linux
(yet)

Paul