mount

Erik Schmidt eschmidt90 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 02:35:22 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm having an issue with mounting from the command line.

I'm running ubuntu 6.10 on my PPC iBook G4, and I have it loaded onto a
partition on my built-in hard drive.  I'd like to mount my Mac OS X
partition from ubuntu so that I can transfer data between them, so I go
into command line, go to the mnt directory that I set up using mkdir,
and execute sudo mount -t hfsplus /dev/hda3

voila, the partition shows up in mnt!  Unfortunately, though I can read,
I cannot write, and this is a problem.  I tried using -o rw, but that
doesn't work.

I suspect that this has something to do with the fact the my mac
partition is hfs+, but I'm not sure if that's the case and I haven't
clue as to how to work around this.

Google yields nothing, so all help is appreciated.

TIA

-Erik Schmidt