flashplugin-nonfree: Doesn't work

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 6 18:08:46 UTC 2007

On 12/06/2007 01:19 AM, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> Mikhail Glagolev wrote:
>
>> Package: flashplugin-nonfree
>> Version: 9.0.48.0.2+really0ubuntu12
>> Severity: normal
>>
>> I've installed the flashplugin-nonfree package, but Firefox still
>> doesn't play flash on web pages, but asks to install a flash plugin. If
>> i agree, the prompt says the flashplugin-nonfree package is already
>> installed.
>>

> <snip>
> Hi Mikhail,
> Type about:plugins in the FFx navigation bar. Tell us what (if anything) it
> says about the flash plugin. If you don't see anything then the plugin was
> not installed correctly.
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

And you should see:
Shockwave Flash

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

libflashplayer.so will be located in: ~./mozilla/plugins. If not, search
your system for the file & copy to the plugins directory. If all else
fails download directly from http://www.adobe.com/