Cowon iaudio t2 charging status

Dave M davem at mich.com
Mon Dec 3 16:54:51 UTC 2007

------- Original Message -------
>From    : chombee[mailto:chombee at nerdshack.com]
Sent    : 12/3/2007 10:13:19 AM
To      : ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Cc      :
Subject : RE: Cowon iaudio t2 charging status

 Just using a Cowon iAudio T2 ('mp3 player' with
linux and ogg vorbis
support). For transferring files it works like a
standard USB device --
plug it in and a file browser window pops up. You are
supposed to
charge the battery via USB too. The instructions say
to plug it in,
then "Use the safe remove wizard on your computer" (a
Windows reference
I guess) and then the player will display the charge
status instead of
the "USB Connected" symbol. So I unmount the device
in Ubuntu (via the
GUI) but leave it plugged in, but it still displays
the USB Connected
symbol.

It _does_ appear to be charging, but you have to
unplug the device to
see the charge level. I'd like to figure out how to
display the charge
level while it's charging like it's supposed to.

Any ideas?

< http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/t2/>

Thanks
I have the Cowon iAudio U2. It will charge even when
it is not ejected (un-mounted). The battery icon is
dark while charging and turns light when fully charged.

These are great little media players. Mine plays .ogg
files and can sort the playback order by date. Great
for listening to podcasts in the correct order.