2 hard disks

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 2 19:39:05 UTC 2007

On 12/02/2007 01:31 AM, norman wrote:
>> See my new post:
>> [Howto] Dualboot 2 drives Ubuntu/Win
>>
>> Hopefully that will help when you get ready to try again.
>
> I have read through your new post and found it comprehensive and easy to
> follow. No one should have any difficulty in setting up and running a
> twin hdd dual boot machine. I would like to ask one question, why do you
> advocate removing the power cable before working inside the computer? I
> always leave it in as a way to earth but make sure that the power is
> switched off.

Because I have seen fried components/computers where someone was working
on them with the power cord plugged in and forgot to turn off the
chassis power switch, or bumped the switch to on when moving the chassis
around.

> Now, I need some knowledgeable person to do something similar for a
> machine with SATA connections and an IDE drive.

I suspect a little googling 'ubuntu +<fstab/grub> and 'man fstab', 'man
grub', will give you the answers to that.

Examples:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bmenu.lst+%2Bsata&btnG=Search>
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bfstab+%2Bsata&btnG=Google+Search>