Kernel mistake help

Neil Cherry ncherry at
Fri Aug 31 22:20:06 UTC 2007

I'm at a loss here, I was attempting to install the kernel sources,
headers and kernel development kit using adept-manager. I managed
to get the latest generic kernel installed but wiped out my current
setup even though it warned me and canceled the install. Now I have
no modules (no mouse pad for my laptop) and no wireless (argh!).
Anyone know what I need to install (and how as I can't figure out
what commands to use to search for kernel modules packages).

Worse come to worse I'll backup my personal directory and install
the latest Ubuntu distribution.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at                         Main site                    My HA Blog