Wireless in ubuntu will not work with static IP address - Wicd installed

Niels Larsen bqz69 at telia.com
Fri Aug 31 16:59:48 UTC 2007

I have problems on my new laptop to get wireless to work (ubuntu7.04)

Then I found the following URL's:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs
http://www.ossgeeks.co.uk/?p=166
and got wireless to work with dhcp.

Now I have tried to get wireless to work using static IP addresses, but it
will not (I intend to use ssh between my 2 computers)

I have the following setup up's GUI's options:
K - Settings - Internet & Network - Network settings
K - System - Network
K - Internet - Wicd (Network Manager)
and have all sat up with IP address, in order not to let any out.

Is it necessary with all this GUI options, as I get confused, and it will not
work?

Immediately I connect my ethernet wire, it works.