Oo bugs in Feisty

jack jdangler at terremark.com
Fri Aug 31 15:01:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 04:53 -0400, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Friday 31 August 2007 09:28:31 jack wrote:
> > I did find a couple of references in launchpad that mentioned
> > re-installing this.  To that end, I open a shell window and type
> > (sudo) apt-get -s install Openoffice*
> > The response is (as you may guess) a long list.
>
> > There are so many auxiliary packages mentioned, that I'm not sure of
> all
> > that I will need.  Does anyone have a better suggestion as to how to
> go
> > about this?  (I could go to OO.org and d/l and compile this, but I
> want
> > to also know which packages I'm installing instead of just trusting
> what
> > is installed, if that makes sense)...
> >
> > Any input is appreciated...
>
> How about using synaptic? That way you can click on the packages you
> only want
> to install.

Good suggestion.  Oddly enough, in synaptic there are a few basic
packages that show as *installed* , but using the CLI with apt-get -s
install, the response says *will install...* and lists the same packages
(not sure why - maybe because of the -s arg), and a lot of additional
packages that I would have thought were installed with the original
installation.  Maybe a default kubuntu install doesn't actually install
a complete Oo.