Oo bugs in Feisty

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:50:45 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, jack <jdangler at terremark.com> wrote:
> Oddly enough, in synaptic there are a few basic
> packages that show as *installed* , but using the CLI with apt-get -s
> install, the response says *will install...* and lists the same packages
> (not sure why - maybe because of the -s arg), and a lot of additional
> packages that I would have thought were installed with the original
> installation.  Maybe a default kubuntu install doesn't actually install
> a complete Oo.

maybe the installation didn't complete.

Try opening a terminal window and type these two commands (each may
take some time to complete):

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If you get any errors on either of those commands, there could be a
problem with your network connection or in your configuration.