apt-get failing upgrade on brand new install

peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 31 12:56:32 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:50:39PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On a brand new Ubuntu 7.04 install, I get this when I try to "sudo
> apt-get upgrade" (after update, of course):
>
> lirondah at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done

[huge snip...]

>  openoffice.org-style-human
> lirondah at ubuntu:~$
>

> What must I do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried

sudo apt-get -f install

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Try those, several times if necessary, until you see only zeros at the bottom
of the output.

Was this a fresh install or a dist-upgrade ?
It would be pretty weird on a fresh install...

Is your /etc/apt/sources.list correct ?

Peter