Realplayer in Dapper

Jon Drews jon.drews at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:42:08 UTC 2007

On 8/3/07, Rein Mann <reicam at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Hi, Can anyone help me:
> I have realplayer10GOLD installed on Feisty, where it performs perfectly in all
> respects. I also have it installed on 2 other boxes, both running 6.06 LTS.
> On these 2 machines realplayer will only run in 'stand alone mode' On one box
> this produces perfect video and NO sound. On the other it produces perfect sound
> and NO video. Any ideas?

I have a similar problem here Rein. I got sound to work by installing
alsa-oss, with synaptic. I just went to the BBC to watch a video and I
get no picture either.
I am using Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake).

Lately, Ubuntu Dapper Drake has become a FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily.
It's really quite irritating.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan