How to avoid the Apple tax?

Mike Kent r.michael.kent at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 22:51:41 UTC 2007

Richard:

The Mac OSX runs on top of Linux, so just pull up a text window same as in
Ubuntu and you're in Linux. It's a customized Linux, so some things are a
bit different but I used a Macbook Pro to manage a cluster of Ubuntu servers
with no problems. Actually you can have it all with a Mac - it even runs
Windows if you want, all without having to reboot to change OSes. Or if you
insist you can certainly install Ubuntu, though to me that's a waste of an
excellent 3-OS system.