thunderbird won't wrap text

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 19 23:23:41 UTC 2007

On 08/19/2007 10:24 AM, ben miller wrote:
> Jeroen T. Bezemer wrote:
>
>> if it were set in multi-columns it would be ok, but this way is not
>> nice for the eyes :-( it gives me just 1/3 of the window-witdh) My
>> thunderbird just wraps whenever i write long lines that go beyond
>> the right side of the page, so this line is wrapped just after that
>> last 'is', and after the message is send to the list, the line is
>> wrapped at 72 or something, but when send to myself (bcc), the
>> message is wrapped just at the right side of the window, so there
>> are different wrappings at work. anyway, the message-writing always
>> just nicely wraps at the window-size.
>>

> Yeah, that is ugly. I'm trying again with the width not set to
> anything. That seems to resolve the problem, too.

I've rewrapped your last reply...

>From within Thunderbird:

Edit|Account Settings|Add an account

Add a newsgroup account for: news.mozilla.org then subscribe to
mozilla.support.thunderbird

There you will find all sorts of folks to assist you with Thunderbird
problems.

But the simple answer to your question/problem is:
Edit|Preferences|Composition|Wrap plain text messages at [box]
characters. Enter 72 in the box and you should be fine.