Fernando's massive sig(now off-topic but in-thread)

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Tue Aug 14 16:08:59 UTC 2007

On 8/14/07, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver at chrononomicon.com> wrote:
> (``-_-´´) -- Fernando wrote:
> > Matt, tell me, what am I doing that is so irritating? A simple
> > signature?
>
> While I'm not Matt, I am a bit of an email retentive...
>
> Here's some points to consider...
>
> A) quoting.  I don't need to see a person's #$%@ sig three or four times
> because the quoter is too lazy to trim it down.
Whenever possible I trim my emails!

> B) Top posting...WHY WASTE THE SPACE.
Alothought I prefer to have the email "on top" I do understant that
others down, and so, when possible I'll try to reply after the
previous mail.

> C) I don't need a constant reminder of who you are in your messages;
No coments, at the moment

> D) Why the stupid "legalese" sigs people have slapped into messages?
I have a CC. I know it wont do me no good, but who knows?

> E) STOP STICKING DANCING SMILIES AND GIFS AND JPGS INTO YOUR MAILS.
Dont use those either

> F) Yes, word wrapping length annoys people.
I either use gmail, or Kmail.
Gmail wont word wrap.
Kmail will. I guess it could do a better job with that, too.

> G) Is there a reason you need to email me in HTML?
Plain text user here...

> H) Don't bother with read receipt.
Its automatic on kmail. sorry about that.

> K) If you read this far, congratulations.
I have. twice

> I'm not saying you personally do all of this, I'm just venting about
> email etiquette that drives me slowly, slowly, slowly nuts over time.
> People don't craft messages clearly anymore.  They slap out whatever
> thought is in their head, and claim they don't have the time to actually
> make something appear nice, or even readable.  I'm tired of it.
> Nowadays if my nerves are frayed enough I just delete messages that take
> more effort to decipher than I have patience for.
<snip>
> Whew...suppose I should be donning my asbestos suit now.  This one may
> have just ticked off the self-appointment listmoms.  Or other people
> that don't have a problem with things that do irritate me.  Maybe I'm
> just quirky.  At this moment...*shrug* I don't really care.  I don't
> normally have a history of emailing messages to this group that are so
> long or so off-topic, so I beg some leeway, and probably won't do it
> again for quite some time unless provoked for some reason.  Maybe it'll
> touch a nerve for some people and maybe it'll reaffirm views other
> people hold and hey, now they're not alone.
>
> Or I'll get kicked off the list.
>
> Whoops.
>
> 'Scuse me.  Time to go jump back into the tech trenches.  Have a good
> day, and Ubuntu rocks...
Yes it does

--
BUGabundo  :o)