reformatting a disk for windows98

Dave Scott dscott91 at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 17:29:13 UTC 2007

If you have the Win98 CD and need to run those games under Win98 (ie
they won't run under a later Win version), I think you can boot that CD,
if you can get the  boot sequence changed so that the CD is first in the
list. As I recall, the Win 98 CD will do the format for you during the
install. Back then Windows would take over the entire drive, if it can,
or at least all of the first partition. Also it will format as fat 16
and you can later convert it to fat 32 for better utilization of the space.

The suggestion to install wine, sounds to be that you'd have to be
starting with one of the linux distros. If you don't need linux on that
box, the Win install should blow it away. You might need a Win boot
floppy to start and then use the utilities there to reformat the drive.

HTH,
Dave
.

--
David E. Scott             614-457-1037
DScott91 at Columbus.rr.com   Software Development