Firefox Panel Icon Loads Swiftfox

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 12 03:10:23 UTC 2007

> On 08/11/2007 09:54 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> >> I use Ubuntu, with Gnome, so it may be different,
> >>   but on my computer, just right-click the icon,
> >> select properties, and see
> >> what it says under Command:
> >>
> >> hth,
> >>
> >> Jimmy
> >>
> > Sorry, no help. As stated in the earlier reply to
> Goo,
> > the firefox panel icon has firefox %u under
> command.
> > And even swiftfox panel icon has swiftfox &u under
> > command. Now here's the rub, if I close swiftfox
> > first, then the firefox panel icon will load
> firefox
> > correctly. This was not the default action just
> > recently as I could load and use both browsers
> > simultaneously but not anymore.  AAMOF, I've had
> all
> > four installed browser(Seamonkey and Opera also)
> > loaded with the panel icon and using
> simultaneously.
> > Trusting Goo will pick this up.
> > Thanks for the reply,
> >

> > Leonard Chatagnier
> > lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
> >

> It sounds to me that you may have some broken and/or
> overriding symlinks
> somewhere that are pointing anything Firefox to
> Swiftfox.  Someone here
> with good command line skills can probably tell you
> how to find all
> symlinks related to FF and SF. For a GUI approach in
> Gnome:
> Places|Search|Firefox + Select more options - Follow
> symbolic links,
> will give you an idea where the links are going. I'm
> sure that there
> must be something similar in KDE.

I agree, so I went to gnome and followed your
instructions and hit 75 items but no symlinks. Checked
all 75 files and saw nothing even suspicious.
Remembered about symlinks program and installed it and
also symlinkprops, a symlink editor for konqueror,
looking for something to find broken links but
couldn't figure out how. Couldn't get symlinkprops to
show in konqueror. thought symlink found broken
packages but didn't see any. Sorry, but no luck. Tried
mc; no luck. There was a file manager program that
list broken symlinks but don't remember the name;
thought it might be mc.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net