SSH server

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 9 23:17:51 UTC 2007

Denis Witt wrote:

> Derek Broughton schrieb:
>
>> average desktop user doesn't need sshd running.  Of course the average
>> linux geek can't get by without it :-)
>
> sshd on my desktop? why? it's my desktop i use to connect to my servers
> using ssh which is in the base system.
>
> ok, my desktop is a notebook. ;)

So's mine.  But what do you need sshd for if you're just connecting to the
servers?  That just needs the ssh client - which as you pointed out is in
the base system. I use sshd, as do very many others, because we also
connect _back_ to our desktop machines, but the "average" user doesn't need
that.
--
derek