Logitech Quickcam

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 21:37:58 UTC 2007

On 08/09/2007 01:08 AM, Patton Echols wrote:
> On 08/08/2007 11:22 PM, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
>
>> Patton Echols wrote:

>> ekgia seems to be compatible with V4L2, but I can not test because I don't have
>> a cam which has a V4L2 driver yet :-(
>>

> Well, the configuration druid says so, but then gives an error message:
>

> "Your driver doesn't seem to support any of the color formats supported
> by Ekiga.
>  Please check your kernel driver documentation in order to determine
> which Palette is supported."
>
> So far, google has not been my friend on this one.  The Linux UVC page
> has one note that ekiga 2.0.3 does not work, guess which one is in the
> repositories.  I may try uninstalling the repository versions and
> installing the version from the Ekiga website, which is 2.0.9.  They
> also have an updated libpt-plugins-w4l2 package . . .
>
> Not tonight though.
>
> Thanks again for your help
>
>> Did you try to use ekgia to get a picture from the cam?

More weirdness:  When I got to my office, I ran the Ekiga configuration
"Druid" again.  I "knew" the cam would not work, but I wanted to test
and adjust my router configuration, I figured, what the heck, plug the
cam in anyway . . . and it worked.  I  didn't change a thing, and Ekiga
decided it should work after all!  (Still the 2.0.3 version)

Weird . . .

Patton