Dell Optiplex 745 - Broadcom 5754 NIC

Chris Malton chrism at cjsoftuk.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 8 08:00:08 UTC 2007

Hi,
    According to the modules listings, the Feisty (7.04) version ought
to work.

If you manually type " sudo modprobe tg3" <enter> on Feisty in a
Terminal window, followed by "ifconfig" <enter> you should get the
device loaded.

To load it every time, you need to add it to the end of the file
"/etc/modules". Don't forget that the last line of "/etc/modules" must
be blank!

If you have no success manually loading the tg3 driver, let us know and
we'll try to help you get it working.

Chris