NetworkManager and Atheros Madwifi Drivers (Weak Signal Strength)

Nolan Garrett nolan at massivegeek.com
Tue Aug 7 09:29:32 UTC 2007

Hello!

I've searched for this issue, and have found that the reason
NetworkManager thinks I have weak signal strength is due to the way the
madwifi drivers report their signal strength.

The issue is that many reports I've read state that the Ubuntu
NetworkManager has been patched to report correctly, but it doesn't in
mine.  This includes the documentation on the NetworkManager site.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem myself?

Thanks!

Nolan