Bug Report: docbook2x

Brendon Costa brendon at christian.net
Sun Aug 5 01:42:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

"apt-cache show docbook2x" describes sending bug reports to this list. I
have been using docbook2x-man for a while now and recently installed all
the security updates for packages in Ubuntu (Using Fiesty).

docbook2x-man was working fine, however now whenever attempting to
convert my docbook refentry to a manpage i get:

/usr/bin/iconv: illegal input sequence at position 136

I dont think the docbook2x package was updated, but i think that some
package that it depends on might have been and is what now causes this
problem.

I also downloaded the source for docbook2x from its website and
built/installed it. Running a make check fails with similar errors.

Thanks for any help in this,
Brendon.