How to Install 7.04 from a CD download

Matthew Voss matthew.lns1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 15:35:58 UTC 2007

Actually you should ,and can, upgrade without the CD. Go to
System>Administration>Update Manager. It should show you that a new version
of the OS is available. The steps can be easily fallowed from there. If that
does not work than open a terminal and type in: apt-get update press enter
then type in apt-get dist-upgrade and press enter. Update Manager should
come up and show you the above mentioned prompt. This will take a while. It
took me  5 hrs.  to download everything. That will upgrade you to Edgy Eft.
To get to Feisty you will have to repeat the proses in Edgy. Hope that
helps!
Goo