Is Feisty's LDAP different?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Aug 1 20:36:49 UTC 2007

     Under Dapper, with what I hope is the exact same settings, I got
great performance from all workstations.  Now, with Feisty on this one,
I wait up to a minute for Feisty's LDAP to do....something...and bring
up Firefox. Thunderbird, and Gaim.

     The LDAP database has like 20 entries. It's not like a non-indexed
search of the tree would cover a lot of ground.  I'm on the same hub as
the server, on 100-base-T connection....about 3 feet away.

     Yeah, I have an index on the "People" sections, as indicated by the
howtos I followed during the setup.  But I can't help but think some
default must have changed in Feisty, something that I can't see.  The
new nss-ldap package (if I'm remembering it correctly) now has all sorts
of special options, some of which relate to Solaris, some
ActiveDirectory, and others to Novell; I didn't see them before, but it
still worked before.

     If you're using LDAP under Feisty, let's compare notes, aye?
  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller