kubuntu battery applet (Power Manager)

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Apr 25 14:58:31 UTC 2007

Jan Torben Heuer said...
> Hi,
>
> (k)ubuntu configured my desktop nicely, but one thing was better last time:
>
> The new (edgy) "Power Manager" let my select - in case of low battery - to
> shutdown, hibernate, suspend or do nothing. Cool. Useless. What about
> WARNING me, as the applet in the last distribution did? I want to save my
> work and not give my last energy reserves away for suspending or whatever.
>
> Does anyone know what the name of that old applet was and how to get it
> back?

klaptopdaemon on kde, perhaps.

Having both loaded caused problems here, but... you can't remove the
"power manager" package as kubuntu-desktops depends on it <sigh>, and
since you can't switch it off either - at least, I couldn't discover how
to - you'll need to remove the persistence script in
/usr/share/autostart.

Power management nose dived in edgy, ime.

--
Cheers,
Marc