Thinkpad T60 Ubuntu Feisty Installed Ok

Donald iddings iddingdj05 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 13:52:53 UTC 2007

just passing along this info:

Converted from Mandriva last fall so was more used to Linux KDE desktop,
installed Ubuntu Edgy on one of my desktops just overwrote Mandriva,
then & along with Kubuntu KDE desktop was able to determine which
desktop I really preferred & over time preferred Gnome, although nothing
against KDE. Gnome is a little simpler & cleaner for me. Really liked
Ubuntu enough so that I decided this would be really nice to have on a
laptop for mobility.

Researched & all Intel or Mac's seem most compatible with Ubuntu,
couldn't find same on ebay used although tried for some time. So bought
a Thinkpad T60 ordered with all Intel running Vista & waited for Feisty.
I had the T60 built robust for Vista & I can confirm Vista does require
stout hardware resources. In the meantime played with Vista enough to
know I didn't really like it much but was an interesting experiment.

Download & burned Feisty iso Friday nite & installed just fine on the
T60, no dual boot just just overwrote Vista. Everything works- no
graphics issues, wired & wireless came right up painless, sound ok, etc.
Have not tested everything yet but basically the major stuff works
great! Ubuntu is impressive on a T60. Anybody wants the T60 specs just
let me know, see you.

iddingdj05 at comcast.net