how to upgrade

Ali Milis almilis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:55:04 UTC 2007

> To claim that that Ubuntu is harder to upgrade between releases than
> Debian is complete nonsense. Both are hard to upgrade manually.

Ah, complete nonsense... how fortunate...
By coincidence, I have fixed several Debian systems
manually in the past. Some of them were remote
servers which were miles away. Unfortunately, I have
just screwed my 6.10 system which I could not
quickly fix manually, yesterday!

I can only guess... perhaps Debian has more transition/
dummy packages. And perhaps Ubuntu is more
update-manager oriented... But it is just guessing.

AM.