Evo stopped working

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Sat Apr 14 15:20:19 UTC 2007

Hi all -
since installing sa on my edgy desktop a couple of weeks back, I've
noticed evolution steadily taking longer and longer to get mail messages
(running evolution 2.8.1).  I've been running sa-learn to teach sa about
the spam i've been getting by storing spam messages in its own folder
(currently at over 2,000 messages) and then running sa-learn against
that folder with the --spam arg ...

Today, I fired up evo, hit send/receive , and the account that gets all
that spam (my primary home account) now times out while trying to get
the messages.

I've checked the mail server via ping and traceroute; both are ok.  Ping
returns 100% packets (no drops), and traceroute takes (on avg) 130ms.

Anyone having similar issues or know of a way I can fix this behavior ?