[Resolved - Sort of] Re: Evo stopped working

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Sat Apr 14 16:26:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 11:20 -0400, John Dangler wrote:
> Hi all -
> since installing sa on my edgy desktop a couple of weeks back, I've
> noticed evolution steadily taking longer and longer to get mail messages
> (running evolution 2.8.1).  I've been running sa-learn to teach sa about
> the spam i've been getting by storing spam messages in its own folder
> (currently at over 2,000 messages) and then running sa-learn against
> that folder with the --spam arg ...
>
> Today, I fired up evo, hit send/receive , and the account that gets all
> that spam (my primary home account) now times out while trying to get
> the messages.
>
> I've checked the mail server via ping and traceroute; both are ok.  Ping
> returns 100% packets (no drops), and traceroute takes (on avg) 130ms.
>
> Anyone having similar issues or know of a way I can fix this behavior ?
I logged into the webmail account for this primary email account, and
had 15 pages of spam messages.  I deleted them all via the web
interface, cleaned up my local evo by going off-line, dropping
the .ev-summary files, and restarting, and it's working ok again.  I
can't figure out what went wrong, except that there was a message
somewhere in those pages that was causing evo some heartburn...