Converting Blusfish syntax-highlighted PHP code in to a PDF

Nicolas Kaiser halforc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:16:17 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Gabriel Dragffy <dragffy at yandex.ru> wrote:
> I have to say that ultimately a PDF is much more useful to me than PS.
>
> Going the VIM route seems good. Can it go straight in to PDF though?

> Also the files that I edit are stored remotely, and I edit them in
> Bluefish via GnomeVFS (samba shares). If I put the VIM command in to
> bluefish is it going to handle this OK?

I usually use ghostscript's "ps2pdf" for converting ps-files to pdf.
So in Bluefish this is

vim "+ha >%s.ps" +q '%s' 2>/dev/null && ps2pdf %s.ps

which first creates a ps-file, then converts it to pdf.

I'm not sure which kind of filenames need to be protected like '%s',
there's probably a more compatible approach than mine. About samba,
I've no idea, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Cheers,
n.