LTS Release Schedule?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Apr 11 10:55:12 UTC 2007

> What is the release schedule for the LTS (Long Term Support) releases of
> Ubuntu? I am using V6.06 and am curious as to when to expect the next LTS
> release.

There is no schedule AFAIR, the next LTS will come "whenever it feels
like it's the right time to do it", though obviously there is the dead
line of the expiry date, so worse case scenario, the next LTS will be
released in 2 years, so as not to leave businesses with an unsupported
version on their workstation.

> Also, will the next LTS release allow upgrades from the previous
> LTS release or will I have to upgrade through all of the interim releases
> first?

No worries... upgrades from one LTS to the next are explicitly
supported ! If it weren't, companies would be rather put off of Ubuntu
I imagine, and Canonical doesn't want that at all ! ;o)

--
Vince