I would love to see synaptics mousepad configuration added to gnome-control-center

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Apr 5 05:16:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 00:49 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> If they put configuration options in, it would overwhelm people.  Or
> something...  I don't really get any HIG that allows GIMP

Joke accepted, but unless you have information that gsynaptics is indeed
not part of GNOME for HIG reasons, you you refrain from claiming that it
is. I very much doubt it. Plus, it does not matter so much if it is par
of GNOME -- it is not even in Ubuntu main, much less installed by
default. Instead it is in universe. I don't know the reason for this.

The thing with GIMP is that it was not a GNOME app for the longest time,
and full HIGification is partly impossible because it would need changes
that are too fundamental. Your contributions will be welcome ;)

KDE users can stop joking now that KDE 4 will severely reduce the
incomprehensible mess that KDE 3.x has become, even if they needed a few
years longer to get it than the GNOME guys ;)