I would love to see synaptics mousepad configuration added to gnome-control-center

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Apr 5 05:59:42 UTC 2007

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 00:49 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>> If they put configuration options in, it would overwhelm people.  Or
>> something...  I don't really get any HIG that allows GIMP
>
> Joke accepted, but unless you have information that gsynaptics is indeed
> not part of GNOME for HIG reasons, you you refrain from claiming that it
> is.

You're right of course.  I have no idea whether that's genuinely the case.

> The thing with GIMP is that it was not a GNOME app for the longest time,
> and full HIGification is partly impossible because it would need changes
> that are too fundamental.

Yeah, I know. Supposedly, they're doing their best, though.  Anyway,
GIMP serves my purposes well, so I can't complain.

> KDE users can stop joking now that KDE 4 will severely reduce the
> incomprehensible mess that KDE 3.x has become

I really don't find KDE that incomprehensible, even if it is a bit
Windows-like at times.  Some applications like AmaroK and K3B are
actually quite nice.

Matthew Flaschen