unresolved symbols in libGL.

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:29:54 UTC 2007

Hi there, I've got a Dell Inspiron 700m that has been happily rocking
ubuntu for a good long time now.  It has the i855GM integrated
graphics chipset.

Recently I've been trying to play neverball and encounter this problem
when running it from the commmand line.   The program dies with the
message

Unresolved symbol in /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: drmCloseOnce

(or something along those lines... i'm not at the computer at the moment)

I get a similar message when trying to start beryl.

Any ideas how I go about fixing this thing?  How do I find out what
package this file belongs to?