eye-friendly refresh rate?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Apr 2 18:50:30 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> You could also try:
>
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Hell, think twice... every time I tried this command, it asked me
zillions of questions I had no clue about. I had to quit for fear of
answering something wrong and screwing up xorg.cong big time. I was
told on this list "don't worry, when you don't know, just press enter to
accept the default value". Trouble is, I noticed that some of the
default values it offered, like the K/B layout, was NOT the current
value (in the case at hand, I was using FR layout, and it defaulted to
US). So how do I know that other values, that I don't understand the
meaning of, hence that I can't make an informed decision about, are any
more reliable/safe to accept ? So by modifying the file by hand, at
least I am sure I only change the parameters that I meant to change.
Besides, it's also quicker since I don't have to go through loads of
questions that are irrelevant.

YMMV... just wanted to share my experiences...

--
Vince